- My Connection with Ecotourism
- I'm economist specialized on sustainable development of hospitality and tourism industry with over 13 years of experience. During my career I gained a broad experience in the fields of hospitality and tourism, working for a variety range of organizations. These include intergovernmental (UNWTO, EU), governmental (SNV, Italian Cooperation), local communities, private (Sol Melia, Louvre Groupe, Arthur Andersen, Mazars) and non-profit organizations, academic and research institutions. I gained extensive experience on less developing countries dealing with different hospitality and tourism matters (assessment, value chain development, economics, management, marketing, special interest tourism products development, sustainability, training and coaching). In particular I have been involved in several projects and programs in tree continents: MDG, ST-EP, The International Year of Ecotourism, EU Life, Al-Invest and Asian Invest programs, between others. In addition he was Sustainable Tourism Program Leader for SNV Central America and SNV Latin America Sustainable Tourism Network dealing with economic and social inclusion and poverty alleviation, working on a concept called “Inclusive Business”. Furthermore I have gained extensive experience in training and coaching activities at academic and operational level (3 year lecturer, Bicocca University, Italy), given on the job training to national and local counterparts on the continuous basis during the projects and organized ad-hoc seminars/workshops.
- I am seeking
- Share information, methodologies and best practices for sustainable development of tourism and hospitality industry.
- I am offering
Expertise on hospitality and
sustainable tourism, expecially on
tourism economics, marketing, management,training and coaching.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Banking: University of Siena, Italy (June 1997)
Master in Tourism Economy: University of Economics "L. Bocconi", Milan, Italy (June 1998)
Life-cycle Management Project Expert for developing countries. Focus on Development, Roma, Italy. (Dec. 2008)
- Languages spoken
- Italian (native language); English; Spanish; Portuguese; French
- Marcello Notarianni
- Member since
- Wednesday, 17 February 2010 01:00
- Last online
- 3 days ago
- Profile views
- 1,846 views