|Sudipta Kiran Sarkar
PhD research candidate, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
"I think there needs to be a paradigm shift from the dominant view of tourism as primarily a business or economic force to a view of tourism as a social force that can bring radical transformation of things"- Read More
- Converting Antarctica Tourists to Conservation Ambassadors
- Belize: Barranco - The Dügü Capital
- Hotel workers to protest low pay outside London luxury hotels on World Tourism Day
- ITF calls for action against flagrant violation of aviation workers rights by airlines based in Qatar and the UAE
- Caribbean Tourism Organization calls for legislation that regulates waste disposal in Caribbean Waters
- New ECOCLUB.com Ecolodge Members in the Gambia and Greece
Peace Through Tourism - promoting human security through international citizenship
Edited by Lynda-Ann Blanchard & Freya Higgins-Desbiolles
Routledge, April 2013 - 276 pages
There are some fundamental contradictions in the definition and perception of Tourism and "Peace Tourism". This thought-provoking book sets out to investigate them from various angles revealing that the development and maintenance of a "peace tourism" in its various forms is fraught with operating and ethical difficulties. Read more
Tara Gujadhur created a new blog post, "Stitching Our Stories" at the Luang Prabang Film Festival!3 days ago
- Strong Leader, Manager, Planner and Organizational person.
- Sustainable tourism graduate with excellent research skills and interdisciplinary experience looking for further participation in research and consultancy projects in this field
- Ecotourism Management graduate (3yrs ND). Skilled in report writting, research and solid computer skills on all microsoft applications and other sofwares.
- College Graduate with outdoor experience.
- I am looking for experiences in ecotourism or related field with an emphasis on community development work
|Translate: 普通話 हिन्दी Español Français Português العربية Japanese Deutsch Italiano Ελληνικά|
Copyright © 1999-2013 ECOCLUB S.A. All rights reserved. THE WORD "ECOCLUB" and THE ECOCLUB SIGN ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF ECOCLUB S.A., PO Box 65232, Psychico, Athens 154 10, Greece. The Companies and Individuals listed in ECOCLUB.com operate independently from ECOCLUB S.A. ECOCLUB S.A. DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO VISITING A LODGE, GOING ON A TOUR, OR TRANSACTING WITH ANY COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL LISTED ON THIS WEBSITE OR LINKED WEBSITES. TRAVELLERS ARE ADVISED TO CHECK THE LATEST CONDITIONS IN THE AREAS THEY ARE VISITING AND ALWAYS OBTAIN ADEQUATE MEDICAL & ACCIDENT COVER. For full conditions of use please read our Terms & Conditions.