- If you understand Ecotourism (Sustainable Tourism, Responsible Tourism etc.) not only as a better way to travel the world but also as a way to make the world better!
- if you wish to find a meaningful job or to conduct academic research with a purpose
- if you wish to effectively promote your small hotel, ecotours, eco-services and eco-products through an alternative, cooperative, international network
- if you wish to receive (as well as offer) expert advice on ecotourism-related issues and network on a global scale
- if you are fed up with soulless, robot-operated social networks and conservative travel associations dominated by large corporations
...then join ECOCLUB.com - International Ecotourism Club, a mutual aid network of real people, practitioners, academics and others involved or interested in Ecological & Socially Just Tourism established in 1999, today with Members worldwide. Find opportunities, answers and solutions, network on a global scale with people who share your views and participate in a network for ecology and social justice through and within Tourism!
TO JOIN: You may either write an article, or pay a Membership fee: Euros 40 for a 1 Year Membership or Euros 60 for a 3 Year Membership (Save 50%)
Important Note: If you are a returning member, you may reactivate your membership automatically by logging in and then following the online instructions.
If you do not remember your login details, please contact us
A. Networking & Promotion
- Network: Unlimited, user-friendly networking with other verified Members worldwide [Preview]
- Mutual Aid: Ask questions, give answers, collaborate with your fellow members on your ecological & socially-just tourism projects in our Mutual Aid Forum
- Public Profile: Your own public profile and wall [Example]
- Chat: Interact live, privately or in public, with other Members using Text and/or Audio & Video!
- Promotion: A listing for your Blog / Website in one page of our Country Directory [Example] and in our Eco Directory [Our Editorial Policy]
- Logo: A personalised Professional Member Logo for your website (with your first name, surname, country, year).
- Blog: Your own attractive and user-friendly Blog [Example] receiving centre-stage attention.
- Albums: Upload your photos and publish one or more Photo Albums [Example]
- Member News: Submit your news for inclusion in our "Headlines" Section
B. Specialist Information & Opportunities
- Eco Jobs & Consultancies: Access our constantly updated Ecotourism Jobs, Internships & Consultancies Database [Preview]
- Upload your Resume in our public Job-seekers Forum for prospective employers to see and contact you
- Ecolodges for Sale: Find ecolodges on sale directly by the owner at best prices as we do not charge commissions or fees. If you are selling your eco-friendly hotel get a premium listing [Example]
- Research: Access, on-request, to an ever growing collection of ecotourism-related papers and blibliographical information.
- Degrees: Access our global online database of Ecotourism-related degrees.
- Other Opportunities: a variety of other eco opportunities ranging including projects and funding.
C. Expert Support*
Receive expert online support through our Mutual Aid Forum on many aspects of ecological & socially just tourism including:
- Assistance with Bibliography & Research
- Assistance with Ecotourism Projects
- CV Evaluation & Improvement
- Career Orientation
- Web Presence Evaluation: evaluation & recommendations for improvement for eco-friendly Hotels & Tours
- Press Release Editing
- Green Events Promotion
*NB. All support is provided online through our Mutual Aid Forum. Each Professional Membership subscription includes 1 hour of support per annum. We cannot guarantee that support will be provided to queries incompatible with the principles of ecological & socially just tourism.
D. Third Party Benefits
- Third Party benefits, travel & event discounts and other seasonal & special offers as these become available.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP RATES:
Professional Membership is currently offered at the rate of Euros 40 for 1 Year, or Euros 60 (total) for three years (save 50%). You may also join by writing an article.
1. Please make sure that you spell your email correctly, so that we can communicate with you.
2. When your Membership payment is received, your Membership should be manually activated. Later, usually on the same day, you will also receive a welcome email from us. (If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please also check in your Spam folder.)
3. Our business hours are 8:00 - 16:00 UTC/GMT, Monday to Friday. Outside business hours you may experience delays.
Professional Membership Terms & Conditions (last update: 19 February 2013)
(1) "Professional Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online subscription service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to an INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who agrees with our philosophy and general aims as defined at http://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy. (2) Membership Costs and Benefits and our Editorial policy are as stated on this page, i.e. http://ecoclub.com/join/professional. (3) Members should always act in a way that enhances the unity and strength of ECOCLUB.com, respect our Editorial Policy as detailed above, help us maintain a high quality of online content at ECOCLUB.com and be ready to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should also refrain from harassing other Members, post offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these if editing is impractical, so as to meet the above requirements, and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act in a disruptive manner. (4) Members should not compete with ECOCLUB.com by operating identical websites and offering identical services. (5) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member, their professional or academic activity and their online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. (6) We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. (7) We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. (8) Membership is granted to you as an individual and is not transferable. You should not share your Membership password otherwise your Membership will be immediately terminated, you will be banned from future use and legal action may be pursued. (9) Information that appears on the ECOCLUB.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, including, but not limited to, the Projects, Jobs and Real Estate Databases is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, re-transmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership, while legal action may also be pursued. (10) By becoming a Member you agree to receive regular email communications from ECOCLUB.com You may opt-out of these at any time. (11) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (12) You are free to resign from your Membership at any time by sending an email notice to ECOCLUB S.A. In this case, no refund of the Membership fee will be made. (13) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (14) We may also suspend or terminate your Membership for any reason and at any time. (15) In case the website ECOCLUB.com ceases operations, no refund will be due. (16) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member of ECOCLUB. (17) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. (18) In the case of termination initiated by us we will refund your Membership fee minus 1/12th for every used month of your 1 Year Membership and minus 1/36th for every used month of your 3 Year Membership. Refund can only be made via PayPal. (19) However, your failure to meet any of these terms and conditions, or your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (20) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at this webpage, i.e. http://ecoclub.com/join/professional. It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (21) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws.