ECOCLUB regularly acts as a Media Partner to green events and environmental campaigns. In the past we have also funded community projects undertaken by our Members.
We are currently supporting the "Too Rare To Wear" Campaign by SEE Turtles.
If you are organising a green event or a green campaign please get in touch.
Past Partnerships, Funded Projects & Donations have included:
- December 2017: Media Partner of the Campaign against Forest Destruction in Sweden
- September 2017: Official Media Partner of the GSTC Global Sustainable Tourism Conference 2017, Aysen, Patagonia, Chile, Sep 6-9, 2017.
- November 2016: Official Media Partner of the VI InterEcoForum, Marbella, Spain, March 23-25, 2017
- September 2016: Official Media Partner of the 2016 Global Sustainable Tourism Council Europe Regional Meeting, Athens, November 23-24, 2016
- August 2015: Official Media Partner of the 2015 Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards
- December 2014: Media Partner of the IIPT World Symposium, Johannesburg, February 16-19, 2015
- November 2012: Industry Partner of The Philadelphia Inquirer Travel Show (26-27 January 2013) and of The Boston Globe Travel Show (8-10 February 2013)
- June 2012: Industry Partner of the OneWorld Travel Mart San Francisco, 27-30 June 2012
- July 2011: Donated Euros 3,000 to cover equipment costs in the Doctors of the World Polyclinic ("Polyiatreio") in downtown Athens. The clinic provides free health care to immigrants, uninsured workers and the underpriviledged, all of whom were facing added difficulties due to the economic crisis in Greece.
- March 2011: Media Sponsor of 3rd International Travelers' Philanthropy Conference, Costa Rica, 20-23 July 2011.
- June - October 2010: Funded Project: "Visitors Resource Centre for Ecotourism" in Jamuna Village, Ilam District, Nepal.
- June - December 2010: Funded Project: “Birdwatching as a strategy for conservation of the community”, Colombia.
- June - December 2010: Funded Project: Building a 'Ruka' Traditional Food court - Chile
- July 2009 - April 2010: Funded Project: Creating a Community Tourism Cooperative - Honduras. "For a long time the local community of Buenos Aires has handled tourism activities inside the Cusuco National Park in a disorganized way so a local tourism cooperative is proposed as a step forward."
- July - November 2009: Funded Project: "From Wild to Web - Guyana". "Ecotourism-linked wildlife monitoring activities by the village Wildlife Club will be enhanced by a dedicated laptop and cameras. Village youth will learn to digitally document field projects, to make web pages, and upload them online"
- July - October 2009: Funded Project: Water Filters in Chichubamba Community - Peru "Improving the health of the people of Chichubamba South by giving them access to clean drinking water, by providing ceramic water filters and education in their use and maintenance".
- August 2008: Media Partner of the Ecotourism & Sustainable Tourism Conference to be held in Vancouver, Canada, October 27-29, 2008
- July 2008 - June 2009: Funded 5 projects as follows: Ecuador: Sustainable Ethnic Rescue Centre for Mindo, Canada: Toolkit for Greening Canada's Events, Ecuador: Native-Tree Nursery Using Plastic Garbage, Ecuador: Banishing Disposable Plastic from an Ecolodge, Pakistan: Raising Environmental Awareness in Kalash area visitors
- July 2007: Media Partner of the North American Ecotourism Conference, Madison, Wisconsin, 26-28 Sep. 2007.
- June 2007 - January 2008: Funded the Creation of a microenterprise to collect and recycle discarded plastic bags by turning them into a range of useful products in Cambodia.
- June 2007 - January 2008: Funded the Creation of a pig farm in an Ecuadorian Ecolodge to help reduce poaching in the community.
- June 2007: Part-funded a semi-completed Project which aimed to turn some Gorilla Poachers into Farmers in Rwanda.
- April 2007: Media Partner of the 4th IIPT African Conference, Kampala, Uganda, May 20-25, 2007
- March 2007: Supporting Media for the Lao Ecotourism Forum "Bridging the Mekong Region" 26-29 July 2007
- November 2006: Media Partner of the Global Ecotourism Conference, to take place in Oslo, Norway in May 2007.
- June - August 2006: Funded Tree Planting on 64 acres of adopted land at Tenegang in Sukau, Sabah, Malaysia.
- June - August 2006: Funded the Rescue of Fishermen's Small Boats in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
- June - August 2006: Funded the Building of a Rural Andean Recycling Centre in Chugchilan, Ecuador.
- December 2005: Official Partner of WWF International's PowerSwitch Campaign
- July 2005: Endorsing Organization of the World Tourism Directory
- July 2005: Supporting Organisation of the IIPT 3rd Global Summit on Peace through Tourism.
- July 2005 - February 2005: Funded the Installation of a hydraulic ramp pump at the organic farm of a Drug Rehabilitation Centre in Dominica.
- July - November 2005: Funded the Creation of an organic agriculture association in the village of Galibeedu, near Madikeri in Karnataka state, India.
- July 2004: Funded the Creation of an organic vegetable plot and green house in school premises in Sri Lanka
- January 2003: Co-Sponsor of the IATOS 2003 World Congress, Business Marketing and Global Strategies Conference Tracks, Chicago, Feb 19-23, 2003.