"Actions speak louder than words". Writing eloquent phrases online is not enough for us. Although our main project is the provision of affordable, quality support to current & aspiring ecotourism practitioners, in 2004 we also decided to allocate a considerable share of revenue so as to co-fund community projects undertaken by our Members, with a total of Euros 21,250 donated between 2004-2011.
As our Membership rates are very competitive, however, we came to realise that it is impossible for us to raise a significant sum to financially support projects through our Membership subscriptions. We thus decided to offer support in kind, to community initiatives, not-for-profit projects and conservation NGOs, in the form of promotion and advice, as needed. We regularly act as Media partners to green campaigns and event organisers.
Past Partnerships have included:
- November 2016: Official Media Partner of the VI InterEcoForum in Marbella, Spain, March 23-25, 2017
- September 2016: Official Media Partner of the 2016 Global Sustainable Tourism Council Europe Regional Meeting, Athens, November 23-24, 2016
- August 2015: Official Media Partner of the 2015 Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards
- December 2014: Media Partner of the IIPT World Symposium, Johannesburg, February 16-19, 2015
- November 2012: Industry Partner of The Philadelphia Inquirer Travel Show (26-27 January 2013) and of The Boston Globe Travel Show (8-10 February 2013)
- June 2012: Industry Partner of the OneWorld Travel Mart San Francisco, 27-30 June 2012
- March 2011: Media Sponsor of 3rd International Travelers' Philanthropy Conference, Costa Rica, 20-23 July 2011.
- August 2008: Media Partner of the Ecotourism & Sustainable Tourism Conference to be held in Vancouver, Canada, October 27-29, 2008
- July 2007: Media Partner of the North American Ecotourism Conference, Madison, Wisconsin, 26-28 Sep. 2007.
- April 2007: Media Partner of the 4th IIPT African Conference, Kampala, Uganda, May 20-25, 2007
- March 2007: Supporting Media for the Lao Ecotourism Forum "Bridging the Mekong Region" 26-29 July 2007
- November 2006: Media Partner of the Global Ecotourism Conference, to take place in Oslo, Norway in May 2007.
- December 2005: Official Supporter of WWF International's PowerSwitch Campaign
- July 2005: Endorsing Organization of the World Tourism Directory
- July 2005: Supporting Organisation of the IIPT 3rd Global Summit on Peace through Tourism.
- January 2003: Co-Sponsor of the
IATOS2003 World Congress, Business Marketing and Global Strategies Conference Tracks, Chicago, Feb 19-23, 2003.
- January 2000: ecoclub.com adopts
Wesna, a bear, for 1 year, at the Arktouros Refuge in Nymfaio, Greece. Wesnahad been evacuated from the Belgrade Zoo to escape the war.