The Ecoclub Team has been promoting ecotourism, sustainable & green tourism worldwide and supporting current and aspiring tourism professionals, practitioners and academics since 1999. Based on our first hand experience we advise tourism businesses worldwide on a wide range of topics with a special focus on ecotourism certification and online marketing. We also assist ecotourism projects in Greece, where we are based.
As every savvy green tourism provider knows, nothing annoys a real ecotourist more than Greenwashing! Greenhushing, or keeping quiet about your achievements, is also a mistake, as it leaves money on the table and an open field to the fakes. So, if you really care about the environment and your local community you must prove it beyond doubt and in an official manner with an Ecotourism Certification and communicate your achievements far and wide! We can help you with both!
Which certification programme should you choose among the increasingly dense forest of shiny green signs? The Ecoclub Team can help you:
- select a quality ecolabel which is both affordable and suitable for the type of your accommodation, tour or service and meets your specific needs.
- meet the requirements and completing the certification steps - not by greenwashing, but by implementing real green changes in how you operate!
- develop and maintain an environmental and social responsibility policy
- reach a discerning audience that will truly appreciate and **reward** you for your green efforts!
We can also help you with your specialist online Ecotourism Marketing needs, including but not limited to:
- improving your presence on mass social media and booking platforms and explore alternative promotion channels
- analysing your website and your website statistics and improve the content and presentation so as to make your website more user-friendly and effective in generating direct bookings - why on earth pay these high commissions?
- creating an appropriate and effective logo and related branding materials
- generating new revenue streams, introducing new services for your guests and improving their satisfaction
- increasing customer loyalty
- producing and distributing informative and engaging news announcements
- evaluating and categorising your customers, their wishes & desires
- researching your competitors and learn from their successes and mistakes
- and much more!
Who we are:
Frosso Dimitrakopoulou is the Co-Founder of Ecoclub and Auditor of the Ecoclub Ecolodge™ Ecolabel. Frosso is an International Sustainable Hospitality Consultant with a focus on certification, funding and business development. She holds an MSc in Finance from Birkbeck School of the University of London, a BSc in Business Administration from Piraeus University. She is a Provisional Lead Auditor for ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems IRCA and a Certified European Financial Analyst (CEFA). Before joining Ecoclub she enjoyed a successful career in the private banking sector. You may come across Frosso if you visit the Sea Turtle Rescue Centre run by Archelon in Glyfada, Athens, Greece, where she volunteers as a Guide on Saturdays.
Antonis Petropoulos is the Founder and Editor of Ecoclub. He holds a BSc in Economics from the London School of Economics (LSE), an MSc in Economic History also from the LSE, and an MSc in Shipping, Trade & Finance from City, University of London. After a rather brief stint in the shipping sector, he realised his true passions were ecology & travel which he combined by founding Ecoclub in 1999. He is a Lifetime Member of the World Leisure Organisation, an enthusiastic supporter of Green causes and a proud member of the Vegan Society. He firmly believes that one swallow can make a Spring. As an Interviewer, he enjoys meeting such swallows and asking complex questions!