Amidst the Coronavirus pandemic it may seem odd to think about marketing or greening your small tourism business. On the contrary, now is a great time to plan ahead, to (re)think, to check what you were doing wrong, to learn new skills, to fix things that you always wanted but could not find the time and to prepare a detailed strategy for the day after so as to be fully prepared for the great return of ecotourists!
Our Team has been promoting ecotourism and green hospitality online since 1999, through Ecoclub, the world's first ecotourism portal and professional network. Ecoclub acts as a Partner for important tourism events, community tourism projects and campaigns. We have travelled extensively around the world and have good contacts in most sustainable tourism destinations. We directly participate in the tourism sharing economy as hosts, and have first-hand experience with developing, refurbishing and managing residential and rental properties. With over 20 years sustainable hospitality & tourism knowledge, experience and contacts, we offer remote consulting services to current and aspiring providers who - while trying to cope with the Coronavirus crisis - also care about minimising their environmental footprint, maximising their social impact and, last but not least, offering genuine hospitality to their guests! Unlike your typical tourism and hospitality consultants we are not in this to make $$$. We really believe that we can help bring about a better tourism by supporting those who care, one business/stay/trip at a time!
As Green Tourism & Hospitality Specialists, physically based in Athens, Greece we can remotely help small businesses achieve their marketing and certification goals as follows:
- selecting a quality ecolabel which is both affordable and suitable for your accommodation and meets your specific needs.
- meeting the requirements and completing the certification steps - not by greenwashing, but by implementing real green changes in how you operate!
- developing and maintaining an environmental and social responsibility policy
- reaching a discerning audience that will truly appreciate and reward you for your green efforts!
- exploring alternative promotion channels
- choosing a booking/sharing economy platform
- creating and maintaining your listings in various platforms
- analysing your website and your website statistics and improving the content and presentation to make your website more user-friendly and effective in generating direct bookings from your own website
- seeking new revenue streams, introducing new services for your guests and improving their satisfaction
- devising a customer relationship management policy and loyalty programs
- producing and distributing informative and engaging news announcements
- evaluating and categorising your guests, their wishes & desires
- researching your competitors and learning from their mistakes and successes
- detecting and cultivating synergies with other local businesses
- developing an intelligent pricing model and a sensible cancellation policy
- creating a new appropriate and effective brand
- more depending on your specific needs
We can also help providers wishing to exit the sector:
- maximise the sale value of their sustainable tourism property
- reach serious buyers