- SUPPORT & PROMOTION:
(a) Green Travel Directory Listing: If you own or work for an eco business we can list it in our Directory [Example]. Directory listings generally include a link to your own website, a screenshot type image of your website (600 x 450 pixels), a four-word title, a business profile of up to 200 words, links to your social network profiles, a photo gallery with up to 10 photos and three embedded videos. Each Ecolodge Membership is linked to a maximum of 1 website. For more details, please read our Editorial Policy.(b) Online Booking: If your property is available on Booking.com we will also embed the relevant Booking.com search form with our Booking.com Affiliate ID.
(c) Genuine Ecolodge™ Logo: A personalised "Genuine Ecolodge™" Logo for display on your Website. This logo must be displayed at all times on the front page of your website in a prominent manner and must be linked to your ECOCLUB.com Directory listing or Rating Page for verification purposes.(d) News Release Distribution: Submit your Ecolodge's news releases for inclusion in our News section and distribution through our social media and our e-newsletter.(e) Realty Service: If you are selling your Ecolodge we can list it in our "Eco Properties for Sale" section and promote your listing in various ways until it is sold!(f) Employer Support: We can help you liaise with ECOCLUB.com Members who are seeking employment. We can screen applications and check the CV references of applicants on your behalf for vacancies that you have listed on ECOCLUB.com. You may also access CVs in our Job-seekers Database.
- NETWORKING & MUTUAL AID:
(a) Community: Unlimited, user-friendly, online networking with other verified Members worldwide. You may also post a Status, Photo, Video or Event visible by all. [Preview]
(b) Member Profile: Your own Member social profile (with full privacy controls) wall, friends, photos, videos and more. [Example]
(c) Member Meeting Rooms: Communicate with your fellow Members with live video and sound, hold one to one private meetings.
(d) ECOCLUB.com Answers: Collaborate with fellow professionals, post questions and find answers for your eco-related projects. [Preview]
(e) Member Blogs: Your own Blog with a user-friendly interface [Example]
- OTHER MEMBER BENEFITS (provided by third-parties, subject to availability):
(a) Books: 20% Discount for our Members on all titles at GoodFellow Publishers publications when buying directly from www.goodfellowpublishers.com
(b) Event: A USD 40 discount on registration for the upcoming Global Sustainable Tourism Conference 2018 (7-10 December 2018, Maun, Botswana) - 10 tickets available.
1. As a Member, you pledge that you agree with ECOCLUB's Philosophy as stated at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy
2. Membership is conferred to you strictly as an Individual and it is not transferable. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form as we are a network of professionals, practitioners and academics, not of impersonal corporations. Displayed names in our Member Directory may be edited to conform to this rule. You are welcome to add any organisational affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish, for example, Jane Austen (Mansfield Park Lodge).
3. We reserve the right not to issue a personalised Logo if in our judgement the website where it is going to be displayed is inappropriate or irrelevant to green ideas and practices. We also reserve the right to recall, i.e. to request the removal of, a personalised Logo if the website where it is displayed is later judged by us to be inappropriate or irrelevant.
4. Our current business hours are 07:00 - 15:00 UTC, Monday to Friday.
5. Please do not share your username & password. Use is being monitored automatically and offenders will be permanently banned without refund. We keep Membership rates deliberately low so as to allow all current and aspiring ecotourism professionals to join.
6. By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the ECOCLUB Membership Terms & Conditions and our Editorial Policy as stated below:
ECOCLUB.com Ecolodge MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS (last update: 28 August 2018):
(1) "ECOCLUB.com Ecolodge Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online subscription service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to a specific INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who agrees with our philosophy and general aims as defined at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy. (2) Membership is granted to you strictly as an individual and it is not transferable. Information, including job and business opportunities, is provided for your direct personal use and should not be shared, reposted or resold by you. You should not share your Membership log in details, otherwise, your Membership will be immediately terminated without a refund and you will be permanently banned from Membership. We monitor logins and visits on our website to prevent abuse and for security reasons. (3) You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form, we are a network of people, not of impersonal corporations. Displayed names in our Member Directory will be edited to conform to this rule, i.e. your full name and surname will be visible. You may add your company affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish. (4) Membership Duration & Cancellation: Ecolodge Membership does not expire unless you cancel your membership. This can be done through our contact form. (5) Member Conduct: Members should always act in a way that enhances the quality of ECOCLUB, respect our Editorial Policy and our Member Support Policy, and try to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should only use the personalised Member logo issued for them and only in accordance with the instructions provided to them. They should also refrain from harassing other Members in any way, from posting offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these if editing is impractical, so as to meet the above requirements and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act in a disruptive manner. Inactive Members may be suspended for security reasons. An inactive Member is someone who has not logged in at all for 6 months or someone who has not posted any status updates, photos or blog articles in the past 12 months. (6) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member, their professional or academic activity and their online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. (7) Support Policy: Each Membership includes online or email support up of up to 1 hour per annum and this support is restricted to the provision of the above Membership benefits to you. (8) We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. To comply with Google Webmaster Guidelines, all links to 3rd party websites are set as "nofollow". (9) Information that appears on the ECOCLUB.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, retransmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership. (10) By becoming a Member you agree to receive regular email communications from us from which you may opt-out at any time. (11) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (12) Refund Policy: If upon joining you realise that this service is not suitable for you, you may request a refund through our contact form within 7 days. We will normally issue a 50% refund via PayPal. No refund will be made if you request a cancellation after the first seven days have passed. You are free to cancel your Membership anytime through our contact form. (13) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (14) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member. (15) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. (16) Your failure to meet any of these terms and conditions or your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (17) We will make no refund in case our website and/or company cease operations. (18) In all other cases where we have terminated your membership, we will refund the Membership fee minus 5 Euros for every month or part thereof used for your Membership. Please note that refund can only be made via PayPal which may apply charges to recipients. (19) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (20) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws. (21) By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the above Terms & Conditions and our Editorial Policy as set below:
EDITORIAL POLICY (last update: 31 August 2018):
We focus on green travel, ecological tourism, ecotourism, sustainable and responsible tourism, green businesses, products, services and news which we consider relevant and compatible. Members are encouraged to assist us in maintaining a high content quality by not posting offensive, illegal or irrelevant material and by not engaging in advertising of 3rd party products or services not offered directly by their own organisation. Members should not engage in any form of spamming or flooding, including message and post spamming. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts, articles and comments and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act in a disruptive manner. To comply with Google Webmaster Guidelines, all links to 3rd party websites are set as nofollow.