1. CAREERS SERVICE:
(a) Jobs Database Access: Access our global Ecotourism Jobs & Opportunities Database. [Preview]
(b) Instant Notifications: Receive an email notification each time a new opportunity that matches your saved search criteria is posted.
(c) CV Listing: Post your CV on our Member-only Jobseekers Database.
(d) CV Guidelines: Access our latest Ecotourism CV Guidelines.
(e) CV Check: Our Editor will thoroughly check your CV and make recommendations.
2. NETWORKING, PROMOTION & MUTUAL AID:
(a) Community: Unlimited, user-friendly, online networking and collaboration with other verified Members worldwide. You may post a Status, Question, Photo, Video or Event. [Preview]
(b) Member Profile: Your own Member social profile (with full privacy controls) wall, friends, photos, videos and more. [Example]
(c) Member Meeting Rooms: Communicate in real time with your fellow Members with text, sound and video, hold private meetings and group chats.
(d) Member Blogs: Your own Blog with a user-friendly interface [Example]
(e) Ecoclub Ecotourism Projects: A dedicated forum to collaborate with fellow Members on your ecotourism and sustainable tourism projects. [Example]
(f) Ecotourism News Releases: Priority consideration of your news releases for publication on Ecoclub and diffusion through our social networks [Example]
(g) Ecoclub Hotel Realty: If you are selling your eco-friendly accommodation you may list it in our realty section at no extra charge [Example]
(i) Ecoclub News Monitoring Service: We summarise interesting sustainable tourism related stories from local media around the world for our Members. (New service, January 2020)
(a) GoodFellow Publishers: 20% Discount for Ecoclub Members on all GoodFellow Publishers titles.
(c) Online Course: Project Management for Sustainable Development: Special discount of 20% for Ecoclub Members who attend an individual course or course bundle.
(d) Villa Ioanna Drossia, Greece: Special 5% Discount for Ecoclub Members when booking via Airbnb. (If you have not joined Airbnb yet, you may earn another 34 Euros credit - ask us to be invited!)
HOW TO JOIN
(Why is there a fee? We provide a generally ad-free environment, we do not sell our users data to advertisers (unlike major social networks) and we have server and software costs to cover. We would love to assist everyone but as we do not have infinite resources we have to apply some sort of filter and offer our services to those who appreciate them the most. As we do not wish to exclude those who have limited means or cannot make online payments, we are offering the join with an Article option. We kindly ask those that can (afford to) pay the fee, for example business owners, not to use the Article option.)
Ecoclub Membership Code of Conduct (last update: 19 Nov 2019):
1. As a Member, you pledge that you endorse the Ecoclub Guidelines for Travellers and our Ecology through Tourism Philosophy. Open-minded, positive people with a green world view, who understand that Tourism and in particular Sustainable/Ecological/Responsible Tourism is part of the solution to the worlds environmental and social problems are most welcome! Nationalists, racists, population alarmists, climate change deniers, conspiracy theorists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes and tourism-haters are not welcome and will be removed if they express such views.
2. Membership is conferred to you strictly as an Individual and is not transferable. Please do not share your username & password. Offenders will be permanently banned.
3. Inactive Memberships, i.e. if you have not logged in for over 6 months or have not posted anything for 12 months, may be suspended for security purposes. They can be reinstated upon request.
4. All Information on Ecoclub, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. Please see our full Terms & Conditions below.
5. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form - we are a network of real people, professionals, practitioners, academics and students. Displayed names in our Member Directory may be edited to conform to this rule. You are welcome to add any organisational affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish, for example, Jane Austen (Mansfield Park Lodge).
6. Members pledge to assist us in maintaining a high content quality by not posting offensive, illegal or irrelevant material and by not engaging in advertising of 3rd party products or services not offered directly by their own organisation. Members should not engage in any form of spamming or flooding, including message and post spamming in the community, blogs and mutual aid forum sections. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts, articles and comments and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Therefore, please play nice, do not annoy others with excessive private messages or repetitive public posts and please be respectful to all your fellow Members and our readers at all times. There will be just one warning from us and then a permanent ban.
7. As a Member you may opt-in to receive email communications from us including our monthly newsletter and communications relating to your Membership. You may unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter at any time by visiting https://ecoclub.com/headlines/newsletter.
8. Please be an active Member. You are most welcome to use this site as any other social media, in an interactive fashion, not just reading but also writing and networking with fellow eco-professionals. Please support other Members with friendship and good humour and do not forget to enjoy yourselves in the process!
9. By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted this Ecoclub Member Code of Conduct and the Ecoclub Membership Terms & Conditions, as stated below:
Professional Membership TERMS & CONDITIONS (last update: 16 September 2019):
(1) "Professional Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to a specific INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who pledges to act in accordance with the Ecoclub philosophy and general aims as defined at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy. (2) Membership is granted to you strictly as an individual and is not transferable. You should not share your Membership login details, otherwise, your Membership will be immediately terminated and you will be permanently banned from Membership. We monitor logins and visits on our website to prevent abuse and for security reasons. (3) You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form. Displayed names in our Member Directory will be edited to conform to this rule, i.e. your full name and surname will be visible. You may add your company affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish. (4) Membership Cancellation: You may cancel your Membership at any time through our contact form. (5) Member Conduct: Members should always act in a way that enhances the quality of Ecoclub, respect our Editorial Policy and our Member Support Policy, and try to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should only use the personalised Member logo issued for them and only in accordance with the instructions provided to them. They should also refrain from harassing other Members in any way, from posting offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these, so as to meet the above requirements and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Inactive Members may be suspended for security reasons. An inactive Member is someone who has not logged in at all for 3 months or has not posted anything for 6 months. (6) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member, their professional or academic activity and their online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. (7) Communications: As a Member you agree to receive email communications from us including our monthly newsletter and communications relating to your Membership. You may unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter at any time by visiting https://ecoclub.com/headlines/newsletter (8) Membership Benefits: Membership benefits are as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional and may be amended, replaced or removed at any time. (9) No Guarantees: We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. To comply with Google Webmaster Guidelines, all links to 3rd party websites are set as "nofollow" by default. All Information on Ecoclub, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. (10) Information that appears on the ecoclub.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, retransmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership. (11) By becoming a Member you agree to receive regular email communications from us from which you may opt-out at any time. (12) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (13) Refund Policy: We do not offer refunds. (14) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (15) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member. (16) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. Your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership. (17) We will make no refund in case our website and/or company cease operations. (18) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at https://ecoclub.com/join/supporting . It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (19) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws. (20) By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the above Terms & Conditions.