(1) Networking: Your own Social profile (with full privacy controls) wall, friends, photos, videos and more. [Example] User-friendly, safe, online networking with other verified Members worldwide. Post a Status, Photo or Video, send Private messages [Preview]
(2) Blog: Your own Blog with a user-friendly interface [Example]
(3) Mutual Aid & Resources Forum: Ask questions, find answers & resources for your business and academic projects.
(4) CV Database: Post your CV on our Member-only Jobseekers Database and Access Jobseekers CVs.
(5) Eco Jobs & Opportunities: Access our constantly-updated Jobs & Opportunities database focusing on Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism.
(6) Ecoclub.com Jobseekers Guide: Request the latest version, full of useful guidelines and tips.
(7) Other Ecoclub Member Benefits & Discounts - offered by third parties, subject to terms/availability:
Members contact us for details and discount codes:
(a) GoodFellow Publishers: 20% Discount for Ecoclub.com Members on all GoodFellow Publishers titles.
(b) Lycabettus Press: 20% Discount for Ecoclub.com Members on "Lost in the Wilds of Greece" by Penny Turner and other Lycabettus Press titles. (VAT, if applicable, and postage outside Greece are extra.)
(c) Travel Insurance from WorldNomads.com: 5% Discount for Ecoclub.com Members. (NB. does not apply to Members who live in the United States and Canada due to legal reasons.)
(d) TrainingAid Course: Sustainability Management for Tourism Businesses: 20% Discount for Ecoclub.com Members.
A facilitated online course which will help you consolidate your knowledge about sustainability best practices and turn it into a systematic and holistic approach to your own sustainability strategy.
Membership Fees: Free of charge
Members Code of Conduct & Membership Terms: By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and agreed with the Ecoclub.com Member Code of Conduct, the Ecoclub.com Membership Terms & Conditions and the Ecoclub.com Philosophy & Aims.
1. You agree to be an active Member, regularly posting your news and views in the Community (shorter posts) and the Blogs section (posts of at least 100 words), to conduct yourself in a constructive manner towards your fellow Members, and assist them when you can, in the spirit of the Ecoclub philosophy as stated at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy.
2. Membership is conferred to you strictly as an Individual and cannot be transferred. Please do not share your username & password.
3. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form and in your Community Profile as Ecoclub is a network of real people, professionals, practitioners, academics and students, not of impersonal legal entities. Displayed names in our Member Directory may be edited to conform to this rule. You are welcome to add any organisational affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish, for example, Jane Austen (Mansfield Park Lodge).
4. All Information on Ecoclub.com, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. Please see our full Terms & Conditions below.
5. Member Content Guidelines: Members pledge to assist us in maintaining a high content quality by not posting offensive, illegal, defamatory, profane, threatening or irrelevant material and by not engaging in advertising (or reviewing) 3rd party commercial products or services not offered directly by their own organisation. Please remember that content you post online is subject to libel, slander, antitrust and other laws in various jurisdictions. Members should not engage in any form of excessive soliciting for their services, spamming or flooding, including message and post spamming in the community, blogs and mutual aid forum sections. In particular we discourage the posting of advertisement copy. Press releases are acceptable. If you wish to promote your accommodation or tour, please write an article about an attractive nearby site and include a link to your tour/hotel at the end. You may also create a blogger profile. You are encouraged to initiate conversation but always respect the views of others by avoiding personal attacks. Do not plagiarize - always attribute ideas to their originators. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts, articles and comments and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. As an ecological tourism community we have zero tolerance for racism and fascism of all types including xenophobia, homophobia and misogyny. We also do not accept religious propaganda and discussion of supernatural phenomena.
6. If Members have a request, problem or complaint about Ecoclub.com or another Member they should discuss it in private with the Ecoclub.com Team.
7. By joining as a Member you opt-in to receive email communications from us including special Member Announcements. You may opt-out of any or all types of communications, apart from functional ones (e.g. password reminder) at any time.
8. Members who violate this Code of Conduct may be warned. A second violation may result in a temporary ban. In extreme cases, such as public disrespectful behaviour towards an Ecoclub.com Member or Ecoclub.com, there will be a permanent ban without any warnings.
Ecoclub.com Membership TERMS & CONDITIONS (Last Update: 22 August 2023):
(1) "Ecoclub.com Professional Membership" and "Ecoclub.com Supporting Professional Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to a specific INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who pledges to act in accordance with the Ecoclub.com philosophy and aims as stated at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy and the Ecoclub.com Members Code of Conduct as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. (2) Membership is granted to you strictly as an individual and is not transferable. (3) You should not share your Membership login details, otherwise, your Membership will be immediately terminated and you will be permanently banned from Membership. We monitor logins and visits on our website to prevent abuse and for security reasons. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form. Displayed names in our Member Directory will be edited to conform to this rule, i.e. your full name and surname will be visible. You may add your company affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish. (4) Membership Refund and Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your Membership at any time by contacting us through our contact form. If you cancel within 48 hours we will offer a full refund, if applicable. We cannot offer a refund for later cancellations. (5) Member Conduct: Members agree to respect the Members Code of Conduct as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. In addition, they agree to always act in a way that enhances the quality of Ecoclub.com, respect our Editorial Policy and our Member Support Policy, and try to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should also refrain from harassing other Ecoclub.com Members or the Ecoclub.com Team in any way, from posting offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these, so as to meet the above requirements and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Inactive Members may be suspended or deleted for security reasons. An inactive Member is someone who has not logged in and/or posted anything during the past 6 months. (6) Communications: As a Member you agree to receive email communications from us relating to your Membership as well as Member Circular. You may unsubscribe at any time from the Member Circular using the link provided in the circular. (7) Membership Benefits & Online Support: Membership benefits are as stated on this page (https://ecoclub.com/join/professional) and may be amended, replaced or removed at any time. Each Membership includes a maximum of 1 hour of online support per annum in conjunction to the provision of these Membership benefits. Unused hours cannot be transferred to future years. (8) Membership Charges are as stated on this page (https://ecoclub.com/join/professional) at and may be amended at any time. (9) No Guarantees: We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services and Member benefits are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. All Information on Ecoclub.com, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. (10) Personal use: Information that appears on the ecoclub.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, retransmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership. (11) Communications Consent: By becoming a Member you agree to receive email communications from us such as the Ecoclub.com Member Circular and the Ecoclub.com Newsletter from us from which you may opt-out at any time. (12) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (13) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member. (14) You agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from your being a Member, your professional or academic activity and your online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. Your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership. (15) We will make no refund in case our website and/or company cease operations. (16) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (17) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws. (18) By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the above Terms & Conditions.