(benefits constantly added & improved: last update: 22 October 2020)
(1) Member Profile: Your own Member social profile (with full privacy controls) wall, friends, photos, videos and more. [Example]
(2) Member Blogs: Your own Blog with a user-friendly interface [Example]
(3) Community: User-friendly, public online networking and collaboration with other verified Members worldwide. Post a Status, Photo or Video. [Preview]
(4) Member Support Forum: Ask questions, collaborate and access resources (including COVID-19 resources) compiled by the Ecoclub Team [Example]
(5) Green Tourism & Hospitality Careers Service:
(a) Jobs Database: Access our global database of Green Jobs & Opportunities in Tourism, Hospitality and related sectors. [Details]
(b) CV Database: Post your CV on our Member-only Jobseekers Database and Access Jobseekers CVs.
(c) CV Guidelines: Access the latest edition of the Ecoclub CV Guidelines (pdf, 16 pages).
(d) CV & Cover Letter Review: We can check your CV and Cover Letter for common errors and offer detailed recommendations.
(e) Career Advice: We can advise you on career options and assist you with your job search.
(6) Ecoclub Recommended™: For Accommodations, Attractions, Tour Operators, Travel Agents, NGOs and Green Business Service Providers that fully meet at least two of the four Ecoclub Criteria - become recognised and recommended by Ecoclub! [Details]
(7) Ecoclub Ecolodge™: A zero-carbon and transparent label for genuine ecolodges! [Details]
(8) Ecoclub Tourism Realty: Are you selling an ecolodge, hotel, vacation home or related property? Reach potential buyers around the world with a listing in our realty section prepared by us, so as to maximise the sale potential of your property. [Details]
(9) Web Presence Review: If you operate an accommodation or tours, we can check your website and web presence for common errors and suggest improvements.
(10) Academic Research Facilitation: Are you undertaking academic research in green tourism? We can help you liaise with green tourism & hospitality professionals in our Member network.
(11) 10% Discount on Green Hospitality Marketing: Our Team offers remote consulting services to current and aspiring accommodation providers. [Details]
(12) 10% Discount on Green Hospitality Consultancy & Field Trips in Greece: Our Team offers remote and on location consultancy (tailor-made field trips) in Athens and Attica and other Greek regions to green hospitality investors, professionals and academics tailored to your specific project needs or interests.
(13) Other Ecoclub Member Benefits & Discounts - offered by third parties, subject to terms/availability:
Members contact us for details:
(a) GoodFellow Publishers: 20% Discount for Ecoclub Members on all GoodFellow Publishers titles.
(c) Online Course: Project Management for Sustainable Development: Special discount of 20% for Ecoclub Members who attend an individual course or course bundle.
(d) Travel Insurance from WorldNomads.com: 5% Discount for Ecoclub Members. (NB. does not apply to Members who live in the United States and Canada due to legal reasons.)
(e) Villa Ioanna Drossia, Greece: 5% Discount for Ecoclub Members booking via Airbnb.
Membership Joining Fee: Just Euros 30 (approx USD 35 or GBP 27), valid for Lifetime! (never expires, no annual fees!)
2. Membership is conferred to you strictly as an Individual and cannot be transferred. Please do not share your username & password. Offenders will be permanently banned.
3. Inactive Members may be suspended for security purposes.
4. All Information on Ecoclub, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. Please see our full Terms & Conditions below.
5. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form and in your Community Profile as we are a network of real people, professionals, practitioners, academics and students, not of impersonal corporations. Displayed names in our Member Directory may be edited to conform to this rule. You are welcome to add any organisational affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish, for example, Jane Austen (Mansfield Park Lodge).
6. Members pledge to assist us in maintaining a high content quality by not posting offensive, illegal or irrelevant material and by not engaging in advertising of 3rd party products or services not offered directly by their own organisation. Members should not engage in any form of spamming or flooding, including message and post spamming in the community, blogs and mutual aid forum sections. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts, articles and comments and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Therefore, please play nice, do not annoy others with excessive private messages or repetitive public posts and please be respectful to all your fellow Members and our readers at all times. There will be just one warning from us and then a permanent ban.
7. Members agree to cooperate with Ecoclub in spreading its philosophy and meeting its aims as stated at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy online and offline. If Members have a request, problem or complaint about Ecoclub or another Ecoclub Member they should discuss it in private with the Ecoclub Team so as to find an amicable resolution compatible with the principles of mutual aid and understanding.
8. As a Member you may opt-in to receive email communications from us including our monthly newsletter and communications relating to your Membership. You may unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter at any time by visiting https://ecoclub.com/headlines/newsletter.
9. Please be an active Member. You are most welcome to use this site as any other social media, in an interactive fashion, not just reading but also writing and networking with fellow eco-professionals. Please support other Members with friendship and good humour and do not forget to enjoy yourselves in the process!
10. Members who violate this Code of Conduct will be warned. Repeat offenders will be banned. In extreme cases, such as publicly hostile behaviour, slander or libel towards Ecoclub or another Ecoclub Member, there will be a permanent ban without any warnings.
11. By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted this Ecoclub Member Code of Conduct and the Ecoclub Membership Terms & Conditions, as stated below:
Ecoclub Professional Membership TERMS & CONDITIONS:
(1) "Ecoclub Professional Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to a specific INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who pledges to act in accordance with the Ecoclub philosophy and general aims as defined at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy and the Ecoclub Members Code of Conduct as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. (2) Membership is granted to you strictly as an individual and is not transferable. (3) You should not share your Membership login details, otherwise, your Membership will be immediately terminated and you will be permanently banned from Membership. We monitor logins and visits on our website to prevent abuse and for security reasons. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form. Displayed names in our Member Directory will be edited to conform to this rule, i.e. your full name and surname will be visible. You may add your company affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish. (4) Membership Refund and Cancellation Policy: We only want happy Members and thus offer a 48-hour full refund via PayPal for new subscriptions and renewals. This means that you have to contact us through our contact form within 48 hours from the exact time your card was charged by PayPal. You may cancel your Membership at any time by contacting us through our contact form. (5) Member Conduct: Members should always act in a way that enhances the quality of Ecoclub, respect our Editorial Policy and our Member Support Policy, and try to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should only use the personalised Member logo issued for them and only in accordance with the instructions provided to them. They should also refrain from harassing other Ecoclub Members or the Ecoclub Team in any way, from posting offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these, so as to meet the above requirements and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Inactive Members may be suspended for security reasons. An inactive Member is someone who has not posted anything for 6 months. (6) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member, their professional or academic activity and their online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. (7) Communications: As a Member you agree to receive email communications from us relating to your Membership as well as Member Circular. You may unsubscribe at any time from the Member Circular using the link provided in the circular. (8) Membership Benefits: Membership benefits are as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional and may be amended, replaced or removed at any time. (9) No Guarantees: We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. All Information on Ecoclub, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. (10) Information that appears on the ecoclub.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, retransmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership. (11) By becoming a Member you agree to receive regular email communications from us from which you may opt-out at any time. (12) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (13) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (14) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member. (15) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. Your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership. (16) We will make no refund in case our website and/or company cease operations. (17) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional . It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (18) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws. (19) By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the above Terms & Conditions.