PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
A. Offered by ECOCLUB.com - International Ecotourism Club
(a) Jobs: Access our constantly updated Ecotourism Jobs, Internships & Consultancies Database.
(b) Post your CV in our Member-only Job-seekers Database and Collaborate with other Members actively seeking ecotourism employment and consultancy opportunities.
- Advice & Support: We will be happy to assist you, with advice and information, in implementing your Ecotourism-related endeavours [Member Support Policy]:
(a) Mutual Aid Forum: Ask questions, find answers for your ecotourism endeavours.
(b) Ecotourism Career Advice & CV Review: On request, we will provide detailed recommendations on how you may improve your CV, your skills and your career prospects, in writing and/or through a 30-minute virtual meeting.
- Promotion: Promote your ecotourism-related services to a global discerning audience [Editorial Policy]:
(a) Member Blog: Your own attractive and user-friendly Blog receiving centre-stage attention.
(b) Website Listing: Your ecotourism-related website will be listed on the relevant country page of our "Country Guides" directory, in the "Professional Members' Websites" section.
(c) Professional Member Logo: A personalised Member Logo for your Website (with your name, year) and a social network-style logo.
(a) Member Community: Unlimited, user-friendly, online networking with other verified Members worldwide [Preview].
(b) Member Profile: Your own Member social profile (with full privacy controls) wall, friends, photos, videos and more [Example].
(c) Member Live Chat: Communicate with your fellow Members with text, video and sound.
B. Special, Temporary Benefits Offered by Other Entities to our Professional Members (subject to availability):
- Publication Discounts:
(a) All titles at GoodFellow Publishers when buying directly from www.goodfellowpublishers.com: A discount of 20%
(b) Book: Mountain Tourism Experiences, Communities, Environments and Sustainable Futures, February 2016 / Hardback / 404 Pages / CABI: A discount of 20%
- Accommodation Discounts:
(a) Farakunku Lodges, The Gambia: A discount of GBP 10 per night per lodge.
- Members: please contact us to obtain discount codes for all of the above special offers.
- If you would also like to offer an exclusive benefit to our Members, please contact us.
- Membership costs just Euros 30 (approx. US$ 32) for 1 Year!
- For your safety and convenience, we accept credit card and e-check payments through PayPal, the leading global online payment processor.
1. When your Membership payment is received, your Membership should be instantly activated. Later, usually on the same day, you will also receive a welcome email from us.
2. Our current business hours are 07:00 - 16:00 UTC, Monday to Friday.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS (updated: 22 February 2017):
(1) "Professional Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online subscription service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to an INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who agrees with our philosophy and general aims as defined at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy and it is not transferable (2) By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted our Professional Membership Terms & Conditions as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional (3) For legal purposes a "Professional Membership - 1 Year" means 365 days, a "Professional Membership - 3 Years" means 1095 days while a "Lifetime Professional Membership" means 360 months from the date of purchase. (4) Members should always act in a way that enhances the unity and strength of ECOCLUB.com, respect our Editorial Policy as detailed above, help us maintain a high quality of online content at ECOCLUB.com and be ready to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should also refrain from harassing other Members, post offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these if editing is impractical, so as to meet the above requirements and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act in a disruptive manner. (5) Members should not compete with ECOCLUB.com by operating identical websites and offering identical services. (6) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member, their professional or academic activity and their online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. (7) We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. (8) We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. (9) Membership is granted to you as an individual and is not transferable. You should not share your Membership password, otherwise, your Membership will be immediately terminated, you will be banned from future use and legal action may be pursued. (10) Information that appears on the ECOCLUB.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, including, but not limited to, the Projects, Jobs and Real Estate Databases, is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, retransmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership, while legal action may also be pursued. (11) By becoming a Member you agree to receive regular email communications from ECOCLUB.com You may opt-out of these at any time. (12) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (13) You are free to resign from your Membership at any time by sending an email notice to ECOCLUB S.A. In this case, no refund of the Membership fee will be made. (14) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (15) We may also suspend or terminate your Membership or convert your Membership to a new package for any reason and at any time. (16) In case the website ECOCLUB.com ceases operations, no refund will be due. (17) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member of ECOCLUB. (18) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. (19) Your failure to meet any of these terms and conditions or your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (20) We will make no refund in case our website and/or company cease operations. (21) In all other cases where we have terminated your membership, we will refund the Membership fee minus 3 Euros for every month or part thereof used by your Membership. Please note that refund can only be made via PayPal which applies minimum charges to recipients. (22) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at this web page, i.e. https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (23) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws.
EDITORIAL POLICY (updated: 13 March 2017):
By nature of being an online publication & network advocating genuine ecotourism, we try to present accommodation facilities, services, products, news and member profiles which we consider relevant and compatible. We will also not list any websites promoting, directly or indirectly, religious views, violence and discrimination of any type. Professional Membership does NOT constitute a paid listing service and does NOT guarantee a listing of your website; this is at the discretion of the editors. The text and photo for each listing are produced by the editors based on information provided in your website and aims to be objective and informative, avoiding superlatives and clichés. We reserve the right to amend/edit all listing elements at any time. Country Guide Listings generally include one link, a photo (80 x 60 pixels, 5 KB max.), a four-word title and a 50-word description. Realty Listings generally include one photo (600 x 450 pixels) and data that the seller provides through our form. Members are encouraged to assist us in maintaining a high content quality by not posting offensive or illegal material, material that directly contradicts our philosophy and general aims, and by not engaging in excessive soliciting or advertising of 3rd party products or services not offered directly by their own organisation, or in any form of spamming or flooding, including message and post spamming. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, and warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act in a disruptive manner. By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted our Editorial Policy.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBER SUPPORT POLICY (updated: 21 March 2017):
The ECOCLUB.com Team provides support exclusively, online, in writing through our Mutual Aid Forum with the exception of the Ecotourism Career Advice & CV Review Service where support is provided in writing by email and/or through a 30-minute virtual meeting (via Skype, Google Hangouts or similar). Each Professional Membership includes up to two hours of online support work per 365 days of Membership. Unused support credits cannot be used in the following Membership term. We try to reply to all requests within seven days but complex requests may take longer. From our experience, our web-based support system enables you to explain your request in detail, create a written record and include information that would otherwise be missed, or be time-consuming to obtain. While we make an effort to reply to all queries, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide support in every case, especially if your query is not directly related to Ecological Tourism. We reserve the right to amend our Member Support Policy by making changes at this page. It is your responsibility to check for changes from time to time. By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted this Member Support Policy.