(1) Profile: Your own Social profile (with full privacy controls) wall, friends, photos, videos and more. [Example]
(2) Blog: Your own Blog with a user-friendly interface [Example]
(3) Networking: User-friendly, safe, online networking with other verified Members worldwide. Post a Status, Photo or Video. [Preview]
(4) Mutual Aid & Support: In our Mutual Aid Forum, post questions and get answers by fellow Members and the Ecoclub Team for your tourism & hospitality business and academic projects as well as useful resources.
(5) Jobs & Opportunities:
(a) Jobs Database: Access our hand-picked selection of currently open Jobs & Opportunities in Tourism, Hospitality and related sectors. [Details]
(b) CV Database: Post your CV on our Member-only Jobseekers Database and Access Jobseekers CVs.
(c) CV Guidelines: Access the latest edition of the Ecoclub CV Guidelines.
(6) Ecoclub Events: Priority access to our live online events and the ability to present your destination in the context of our Ecoclub Green Destinations series.
(7) Other Ecoclub Member Benefits & Discounts - offered by third parties, subject to terms/availability:
Members contact us for details:
(a) GoodFellow Publishers: 20% Discount for Ecoclub Members on all GoodFellow Publishers titles.
(c) Online Course: Project Management for Sustainable Development: Special discount of 20% for Ecoclub Members who attend an individual course or course bundle.
(d) Travel Insurance from WorldNomads.com: 5% Discount for Ecoclub Members. (NB. does not apply to Members who live in the United States and Canada due to legal reasons.)
(e) Villa Ioanna Drossia, spacious, seaside short-term rental near Chalkida, Greece: 5% Discount on Weekly rates for Ecoclub Members booking via Airbnb. (Contact us before booking!)
(f) WTTT Expo, Miami, 5-7 May, 2022 - Exhibition Booth Discount as follows:
"50ft2/5m2 Drape booth option, with drape table, 2x chairs, waste bin, ID sign. Back wall height 8ft
tall, 10ft deep, 5ft wide, moving in, moving out labor, final cleaning. Total cost: $950 USD plus tax."
As described at https://www.worldoftravel.tv/exhibitor-options--payment---miami-2022.html
By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the Ecoclub Members Code of Conduct and the Ecoclub Membership Terms & Conditions, as stated below:
1. As a Member, you pledge that you fully endorse our philosophy & aims and the Ecoclub Guidelines for Travellers. You also undertake to be an active Member, regularly posting your news and views, to conduct yourself in a constructive manner towards your fellow Members and assist them when you can. You are most welcome to use this site as any other social media, in an interactive fashion, not just reading but also writing and networking with fellow eco-professionals. Please support other Members with friendship and good humour and do not forget to enjoy yourselves in the process! Member accounts deemed inactive may be suspended or deleted for security purposes.
2. Membership is conferred to you strictly as an Individual and cannot be transferred. Please do not share your username & password.
3. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form and in your Community Profile as Ecoclub is a network of real people, professionals, practitioners, academics and students, not of impersonal legal entities. Displayed names in our Member Directory may be edited to conform to this rule. You are welcome to add any organisational affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish, for example, Jane Austen (Mansfield Park Lodge).
4. All Information on Ecoclub, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. Please see our full Terms & Conditions below.
5. Members pledge to assist us in maintaining a high content quality by not posting offensive, illegal or irrelevant material and by not engaging in advertising of 3rd party products or services not offered directly by their own organisation. Members should not engage in any form of spamming or flooding, including message and post spamming in the community, blogs and mutual aid forum sections. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts, articles and comments and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. This is a progressive network, we do not allow xenophobic, racist and homophobic speech! Please be respectful to all your fellow Members and our readers at all times. There will be just one warning from us and then a permanent ban.
6. Members agree to cooperate with Ecoclub in meeting its aims as stated at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy. If Members have a request, problem or complaint about Ecoclub or another Ecoclub Member they are encouraged to discuss it in private with the Ecoclub Team.
7. As a Member you may opt-in to receive email communications from us including our monthly newsletter and communications relating to your Membership. You may unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter at any time by visiting https://ecoclub.com/headlines/newsletter.
8. Members who violate this Code of Conduct will be warned. Repeat offenders will be banned. In extreme cases, such as publicly hostile behaviour towards Ecoclub or another Ecoclub Member, there will be a permanent ban without any warnings.
Ecoclub Professional Membership TERMS & CONDITIONS (Last Update: 16 September 2021):
(1) "Ecoclub Professional Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to a specific INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who pledges to act in accordance with the Ecoclub philosophy and general aims as defined at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy and the Ecoclub Members Code of Conduct as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. (2) Membership is granted to you strictly as an individual and is not transferable. (3) You should not share your Membership login details, otherwise, your Membership will be immediately terminated and you will be permanently banned from Membership. We monitor logins and visits on our website to prevent abuse and for security reasons. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form. Displayed names in our Member Directory will be edited to conform to this rule, i.e. your full name and surname will be visible. You may add your company affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish. (4) Membership Refund and Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your Membership at any time by contacting us through our contact form. If you cancel within 72 hours we will offer a full refund. We will offer no refund for later cancellations. (5) Member Conduct: Members agree to respect the Members Code of Conduct as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. In addition, they agree to always act in a way that enhances the quality of Ecoclub, respect our Editorial Policy and our Member Support Policy, and try to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should only use the personalised Member logo issued for them and only in accordance with the instructions provided to them. They should also refrain from harassing other Ecoclub Members or the Ecoclub Team in any way, from posting offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these, so as to meet the above requirements and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Inactive Members may be suspended or deleted for security reasons. An inactive Member is someone who has not logged in during the past 6 months or has not posted anything in the past 12 months. (6) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member, their professional or academic activity and their online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. (7) Communications: As a Member you agree to receive email communications from us relating to your Membership as well as Member Circular. You may unsubscribe at any time from the Member Circular using the link provided in the circular. (8) Membership Benefits: Membership benefits are as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional and may be amended, replaced or removed at any time. (9) Membership Rates are as stated at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional/form and may be amended at any time (10) No Guarantees: We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services and Member benefits are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. All Information on Ecoclub, including information in the Member Areas is provided on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any resource or posting. We do not screen or endorse employers, organisations or any individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or enter any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk. (11) Information that appears on the ecoclub.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, retransmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership. (12) By becoming a Member you agree to receive regular email communications from us from which you may opt-out at any time. (13) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (14) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (15) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member. (16) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. Your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership. (17) We will make no refund in case our website and/or company cease operations. (18) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional . It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (19) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws. (20) By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the above Terms & Conditions.