- JOBS & OPPORTUNITIES:
(a) Jobs Database Access: Access our constantly-updated Ecotourism Jobs & Opportunities Database. [Preview]
(b) Instant Notifications: Receive an email notification each time a new opportunity that matches your saved search criteria is posted.
(c) CV Listing: Post your CV on our Member-only Jobseekers Database.
(d) CV Guidelines: Access to our Ecotourism CV Guidelines.
(e) CV Review & Improvement: We can review your CV and help you improve the presentation as well as offer you suggestions on how to enhance your skills.
- NETWORKING, PROMOTION & MUTUAL AID:
(a) Community: Unlimited, user-friendly, online networking and collaboration with other verified Members worldwide. You may post a Status, Question, Photo, Video or Event. [Preview]
(b) Member Profile: Your own Member social profile (with full privacy controls) wall, friends, photos, videos and more. [Example]
(c) Member Meeting Rooms: Communicate live your fellow Members with video, sound and text, hold one-to-one meetings and group chats.
(d) Member Blogs: Your own Blog with a user-friendly interface [Example]
(e) Ecoclub Ecotourism Answers: A dedicated forum to ask questions, post answers, collaborate with fellow Members. [Example]
(f) Ecoclub Ecotourism Directory: We offer free listings to entities owned by our Members, that meet our Ecotourism Criteria. [Example]
- OTHER MEMBER BENEFITS (subject to terms/availability):
(a) GoodFellow Publishers: 20% Discount for our Members on all GoodFellow Publishers titles.
(b) Lycabettus Press: 20% Discount for our Members on "Lost in the Wilds of Greece" by Penny Turner and other Lycabettus Press titles. (VAT, if applicable, and postage outside Greece are extra.)
(c) Online Course: Project Management for Sustainable Development: Special discount of 20% for Members who attend an individual course or course bundle.
(d) Ecoclub Ecolodge™ Ecolabel: Offered free of charge to eligible Accommodation Facilities owned by our Members following a Rating process.
Just Euros 30 for Lifetime (non-expiring, pay only once!).
Ecoclub Member Code of Conduct (last update: 22 December 2018):
1. As a Member, you pledge that you endorse the Ecoclub Philosophy of "Ecology through Tourism" as stated at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy Open-minded, positive people with a green world view, who understand that Tourism and in particular Ecotourism is part of the solution are most welcome. Climate change deniers, conspiracy theorists, racists, xenophobes, "overpopulation" alarmists, sexists, homophobes, tourism-haters and anyone who espouses hatred and violence of any type are not.
2. Membership is conferred to you strictly as an Individual and is not transferable.
3. You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form - we are a network of real people, professionals, practitioners, academics and students, not of impersonal corporations. Displayed names in our Member Directory may be edited to conform to this rule. You are welcome to add any organisational affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish, for example, Jane Austen (Mansfield Park Lodge).
4. Our current business hours are 07:00 - 15:00 UTC, Monday to Friday.
5. Please do not share your username & password. Use is being monitored automatically and offenders will be permanently banned.
6. Members pledge to assist us in maintaining a high content quality by not posting offensive, illegal or irrelevant material and by not engaging in advertising of 3rd party products or services not offered directly by their own organisation. Members should not engage in any form of spamming or flooding, including message and post spamming in the community, blogs and mutual aid forum sections. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts, articles and comments and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Therefore, please play nice, do not annoy others with excessive private messages or public posts and please be respectful to all your fellow Members and our readers at all times. There will be just two warnings from us and then a permanent ban.
7. As a Member you agree to receive email communications from us including our monthly newsletter and communications relating to your Membership. You may unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter at any time by visiting https://ecoclub.com/headlines/newsletter .
8. By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the Ecoclub Member Code of Conduct and the Ecoclub Membership Terms & Conditions, as stated below:
Ecoclub Membership TERMS & CONDITIONS (last update: 22 December 2018):
(1) "Ecoclub Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online subscription service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to a specific INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'Members', 'You') who agrees with our philosophy and general aims as defined at https://ecoclub.com/about/philosophy. (2) Membership is granted to you strictly as an individual and is not transferable. Information, including job and business opportunities, is provided for your direct personal use and should not be shared, reposted or resold by you. You should not share your Membership log in details, otherwise, your Membership will be immediately terminated without a refund and you will be permanently banned from Membership. We monitor logins and visits on our website to prevent abuse and for security reasons. (3) You must state your own, full name and surname in the registration form, we are a network of people, not of impersonal corporations. Displayed names in our Member Directory will be edited to conform to this rule, i.e. your full name and surname will be visible. You may add your company affiliation in brackets after your name if you wish. (4) Membership Cancellation: You may cancel your Membership at any time through our contact form. (5) Member Conduct: Members should always act in a way that enhances the quality of Ecoclub, respect our Editorial Policy and our Member Support Policy, and try to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should only use the personalised Member logo issued for them and only in accordance with the instructions provided to them. They should also refrain from harassing other Members in any way, from posting offensive, illegal and copyrighted material or material that directly goes against our philosophy and general aims, engage in excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these, so as to meet the above requirements and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act disruptively. Inactive Members may be suspended for security reasons. An inactive Member is someone who has not logged in at all for 6 months or someone who has not posted any status updates, photos or blog articles in the past 12 months. (6) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member, their professional or academic activity and their online presence including inaccurate or misleading advertising. (7) Communications: As a Member you agree to receive email communications from us including our monthly newsletter and communications relating to your Membership. You may unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter at any time by visiting https://ecoclub.com/headlines/newsletter (8) Support Policy: Each Membership includes online or email support up of up to 1 hour per annum and this support is restricted to the provision of the above Membership benefits to you. (9) We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. Our website and all our (online) services are subject to availability and depend on factors outside our control. We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. To comply with Google Webmaster Guidelines, all links to 3rd party websites are set as "nofollow". (10) Information that appears on the ecoclub.com website and email communications and in any Member sections, is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, retransmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership. (11) By becoming a Member you agree to receive regular email communications from us from which you may opt-out at any time. (12) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (13) Refund Policy: If upon joining you realise that this service is not suitable for you, you may request a refund through our contact form within 7 days. We will normally issue a 50% refund via PayPal. No refund will be made if you request a cancellation after the first seven days have passed. You are free to cancel your Membership anytime through our contact form. (14) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (15) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member. (16) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. (17) Your failure to meet any of these terms and conditions or your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (18) We will make no refund in case our website and/or company cease operations. (19) In all other cases where we have terminated your membership, we will refund the Membership fee minus 5 Euros for every month or part thereof used for your Membership. Please note that refund can only be made via PayPal which may apply charges to recipients. (20) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at https://ecoclub.com/join/professional. It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (21) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws. (22) By joining as a Member you indicate and acknowledge that you have read and accepted the above Terms & Conditions.