- Chef, Cultural Seminar Organizer, Sustainable Tourism Consultant
- Organisation & Position
- Founder & Director, Crete's Culinary Sanctuaries Eco-Agritourism Network, an award-winning program for best practices in responsible travel
- Website or Blog
- City / Town
- San Francisco and Heraklion
- My Connection with Ecotourism
- CCS Seminars and Study Tours are private and tailored for our small groups. We collaborate with over 40 small businesses, natural scientists and individuals working to protect Crete’s cultural and natural heritage. We develop distinctive educational programs that help provide tangible benefits to local communities. Seminar attendees have a rare opportunity to discover Crete’s heritage in the company of resident-specialists, while supporting community-run sustainable travel programs.
- I am offering
- Distinctive cultural-culinary educational travel programs. CCS organizes private accredited study tours for academic institutions and seminars for the general public. Nikki Rose also consults on sustainable/community-based tourism with emphasis on traditional, local food and beverages.
Crete's Culinary Sanctuaries (CCS) was founded in 1997 by Nikki Rose, a Greek-
American professional chef, graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, writer,
culinary seminar director, and responsible travel adviser for projects in Brazil,
Cambodia, Europe and USA.
CCS has received awards for Best Practices in Responsible Travel from National Geographic, the World Tourism Forum for Peace and Sustainable Development, the World Travel and Tourism Council, and is featured in major media outlets, including
National Geographic, National Public Radio, Heritage Radio Network, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Lonely Planet and TV New Zealand.
Greetings. Crete's Culinary Sanctuaries 2013 Seminar Calendar is up! Join us in Crete, Greece for a wide range of programs celebrating our cultural and natural heritage - including visits to archaeological sites, organic wineries and olive oil factories and tranquil villages. http://www.cookingincrete.com/Schedule.html
- 7 months ago
- Member since
- Wednesday, 13 January 2010 11:31
- Last online
- 2 weeks ago
- Profile views
- 6,792 views
Nikki Rose created a new blog post, Interview on Overbooked - new book covering the tourism industry
Nikki Rose created a new blog post, Study Abroad in Greece: The Mediterranean Diet and Lifestyle, May 2013
Nikki Rose created a new blog post, Food for Thought Symposia: Cretan food and wine event