(last updated 12 August 2015)
ECOCLUB.com Ecolodge Membership is a unique support and promotion package offered by the ECOCLUB.com Team to the owner of an eligible accommodation facility upon the successful completion of the ECOCLUB.com Rating procedure.
Our Ecolodge Membership is a mutually beneficial relation and as such it involves benefits as well as obligations, as follows:
1. All Professional Membership benefits
2. Recognition as an Ecolodge - be recognised and promoted as an ECOCLUB.com Ecolodge Member
3. Ecolodge Logo: A personalised logo for display in your website & literature. (logo format: jpg or gif graphic)
4. Specialist support, up to two hours of work per annum, in any of the following:
- Website Evaluation & Improvement Service: We can check your ecolodge website for common design and presentation errors, suggest improvements and relevant software.
- Online Presence Evaluation & Improvement Service: We can check your web presence and recommend ways to increase your online visibility.
- Press Release Editing Service: We can edit your press releases and help make them more interesting & effective.
- Assistance with completing Award & Funding Applications.
- Networking Facilitation.
- Ecolodge Business Improvement & Marketing Advice.
- Ask us!
Ecolodge Members are expected to:
1. Undergo the ECOCLUB.com Rating procedure.
2. Identify as an ECOCLUB.com Ecolodge Member by displaying the ECOCLUB.com Ecolodge Member Logo on their website in a prominent manner at all times. In addition the Logo should be hyperlinked (clickable) to their Rating page for verification purposes.
3. Participate in our online community by sharing their news and views and replying to relevant queries by their fellow Members in our Mutual Aid Forum.
4. Endorse the ECOCLUB.com Philosophy and cooperate with the ECOCLUB.com Team in promoting it and applying it into practice.
We currently accept Accommodation facilities as follows:
Facilities must be:
(a) in one of the following categories: Lodges, Inns, Guesthouses, Homestays, Farmstays, Agritourism facilities, B&Bs, Camping sites, Boutique Hotels and Eco-resorts.
(b) legally licensed as tourism accommodation facilities.
(c) have been established and in operation for at least 12 months.
(d) The annual Ecolodge Membership fee is currently as follows:
1. Euros 40 for all facilities up to 10 rooms.
2. Euros 40 plus 5 Euros per additional room for facilities over 10 rooms.
[Example: for a 20-room facility the annual fee is Euros 90]
(e) The following types are not eligible: Villas for rent, Golf resorts, facilities affiliated with religious or political organisations, facilities that display animals or promote hunting, game-fishing or fly-fishing.
ECOLODGE MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE
1. The first step is to complete the Ecolodge Membership Application Form.
2. If your Lodge meets our Eligibility Criteria, we will then ask you to pay the Ecolodge Membership Fee.
3. Upon receipt of your payment we will accept you as a "Candidate Ecolodge Member" and send you a detailed Questionnaire based on our five Ecological & Equitable Tourism Criteria .
4. Upon receipt of a fully completed Questionnaire we will recognise you as an Ecolodge Member.
5. We will then produce a Rating Page using the information you have provided and ask our Members to rate your Lodge (rating process in detail).
Ecolodge Membership Terms (last update 23 June 2015): (1) "Ecolodge Membership" (hereafter 'Membership') is an online subscription service offered by ECOCLUB S.A. (hereafter 'We', 'us') to an INDIVIDUAL (hereafter 'Member', 'You') who is the official, legal representative of a company or organisation owning an accommodation facility which in our view meets our Membership Criteria and completes the Membership procedure, as stated on this page (http://ecoclub.com/join/lodge). (2) Membership Benefits and Obligations and our Editorial policy are as stated on this page (http://ecoclub.com/join/lodge) and may be amended at any time without notice. Failure to Meet the Membership Obligations may result in a Membership Termination, Suspension or non-renewal. In particular failure to complete the Ecolodge Membership Questionnaire within 90 days from joining as an Ecolodge Member will lead to a conversion of the Ecolodge Membership to a 1 Year Professional Membership unless the Ecolodge Member requests an extension in writing. (3) Members should always act in a way that enhances the unity and strength of ECOCLUB.com and the quality of online content offered at ECOCLUB.com and be ready to assist other Members according to their abilities. They should also refrain from excessive soliciting or in any form of spamming including message and post spamming and the posting of an excessive number of links to 3rd party websites. We reserve the right to edit the subject and content of all posts, articles and comments, or to delete these if editing is impractical, so as to meet the above requirements, and to warn, suspend or ban Members who in our view act in a disruptive manner. (4) Members should not compete with ECOCLUB.com by operating identical websites and offering identical services. (5) Members agree to indemnify us against any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from their being a Member. (6) We make no guarantees as to the quality, non-interruption, availability, performance or benefits of this service. All our services are subject to availability. (7) We do not guarantee any potential or speculated business profits or benefits attached to you being a Member. (8) Membership is granted to you as an individual and is not transferable. You should not share your Membership password otherwise your Membership will be immediately terminated, you will be banned from future use and legal action may be pursued. (9) Information that appears on the ECOCLUB.com website and email communications and in any Member sections such as the Projects, Jobs and Real Estate Databases is provided for your own personal and direct use only and it should not be resold in any way, re-transmitted, reproduced, broadcast or copied online or in any other form, without written permission. Violators will be instantly and permanently banned from Membership, while legal action may also be pursued. (10) By becoming a Member you agree to receive email communications from ECOCLUB. (11) You agree not to hold us responsible in relation to any damages caused by offering or failing to offer a Membership Benefit. (12) You are free to resign from your Membership at any time by contacting us through our Helpdesk. In this case, no refund of any fees that have been paid by You (if applicable) will be made. (13) The provision of fraudulent information by you in your application form will lead to immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (14) We may also suspend or terminate your Membership for any reason and at any time. (15) In case the website ECOCLUB.com ceases operations, no refund will be due. (16) Upon expiry or termination of your Membership, you will immediately remove and destroy all information and promotional material that identifies you as a Member of ECOCLUB. (17) You agree to indemnify ECOCLUB S.A. against all claims made in relation to you and/or your Company. The payment of such indemnity shall not prevent us from seeking any and all damages suffered by us as a result of your illegal behaviour or breach of contract. (18) In the case of termination initiated by us we will refund any Membership fee paid -- if applicable -- minus 1/12th for every used month of your 1 Year Membership and minus 1/36th for every used month of your 3 Year Membership (if applicable). We can only refund through PayPal. (19) However, your failure to meet any of these terms and conditions, or your engagement in illegal acts will lead to the immediate termination of your Membership, with no refund. (20) These terms and benefits can be updated and/or amended at any time without notice by posting at this webpage. It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. (21) Any dispute arising from this Agreement will be referred to the Law Courts of Athens, Greece, according to the Greek Laws.